Friday, October 06, 2006

Beemer update

Have been driving X3 for a week!!

Here are the first impressions...

Positives:
----------
1) Panoramic moon-roof (I love it!)
2) Excellent accelaration (compared to Camry and Scion!)
3) Handles curves very well (especially on the route I am taking to work via curvy coldwater canyon. I dont have as much back pain as I used to have)
4) Fairly roomy interior
5) Safety features (airbags, stability and traction control, adaptive Xenon lights)
6) Free maintenance for 4 years/50,000 miles (that was the deal-maker for me over a Lexus)

Negatives:
----------
1) Poor gas mileage. Only 16 mph in streets and 23 in highways. Actually I am getting only around 14 so far in streets with lots of stoppings. Well, I drive mostly in West LA and Hollywood :(.
2) More expensive premium unleaded gas.

No comments: